Monday, October 4, 2010

Communism's 20%

This video gets us used to 20% of our population being killed to cowl the other 80%. Over 60 million people died in China. How many do the Communist's want to kill in America?

Friday, April 30, 2010


As I check the voting record on the Puerto Rico bill, I ask myself which Congressmen are voting solely for the up-coming elections. I see a pattern of political fence sitting, designed to show plausible deniability. Any Congressional member "Not Voting" has shown their true colors. They are pure politicians without a shred of character. We are in the midst of finding out that "Character DOES Matter" with the people we have been electing over and over, some have over 40 years in office. It is not about how much funding or how interesting the visuals are in their commercials, it is about personal principles, values, and morals. I haven't seen a lily-white, cleanly principled "politician", yet. I don't think such a person exists. We need to look at people standing up for the first time in their respective careers and are willing to represent their communities out of disgust over the systems failures. Corruption doesn't trickle down from the top, it starts at the bottom and works it's way up the ladder. A School Board member that has shown a preference for special interests and unions isn't going to change if you elect them to City Council. A City Council member or County Commissioner with questionable ties to lobbyists isn't going to stop enjoying the perks if they get into Congress. Politics should not be a career, it should be an Honor and a Duty and a BURDEN to the soul. Power attracts the corruptible. Suspect all who seek it. We should grant power over our affairs only to those who are reluctant to hold it and then only under conditions that increase the reluctance. - Frank Herbert 1985 Wise words to consider in our Country's present situation of corruption and moral degradation.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Where is our decency?

Why are we reading about these stranded travelers going broke? Where is our decency and sense of charity? How much effort would it take for New Yorker's to give a stranded traveler a couch to sleep on and a meal? Why are our clergy and congregations not reaching out to shelter these people? How can we just leave people to live in an airport? No one likes to have a long layover, let alone have to sleep on the floor with your luggage for days. I am saddened to see how far we have moved from the foundations of our country. We have always been known for our charitable nature. We have always been the first to send help in a crisis no matter where in the world it is needed, yet here we sit waiting for the government to set up some kind of "tent city" for these people who came to our land to vacation, visit family, do business, etc. I am ashamed by the inaction of my fellow countrymen.