Contributors

Monday, October 12, 2009

Free Speech


As I watch the "Election Games" begin, I am dismayed by the trampling of the First Amendment. I have visited the sites of the politicians coveting my vote and e-mailed questions about their voting records or associations to known corrupt organizations. I receive nothing more than form letters and general election spin as opposed to actual answers to my inquiries. I leave comments on their blog sites about the issues and have them denied. How can you deny comments and still say you are going to defend the Constitution? I don't approve or deny comments on my blog. I don't have to agree with you, but I will defend your right to have your say. I have given information to the press about local corruption and they have sat on it and buried their heads because it has to do with illegal immigration. As soon as anyone brings this subject up, the press runs for the hills not wanting to be labeled racist. Political Correctness is killing America's ability to debate any issue because someone might be offended. I am offended every day as I watch the media pant after our President's every word and act as if it is the gospel truth. I exercise my rights and change the channel, use the newspaper to clean windows, or turn off the computer. If someone is publicly speaking, I can choose to debate them or walk away. Personal choice is a beautiful thing.

4 comments:

  1. It's too bad that the Left doesn't see what they're doing to free speech and the English language.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not just the left. The Retread Republican, John Kasich, running for Governor of Ohio is the one who won't answer my questions. He also won't answer why he voted for the Brady Bill and the Assault Weapons Ban.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. D, I get the same treatment from John McCain in AZ. I might as well talk to a wall. I think he sends out the same form email for every question. It's pathetic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well put Mrs. Dewiggins.

    The very foundation of all other rights are founded on freedom of speech. For without it there is no dissent or the give and take that produces great ideas.

    Sad what is happening to our Republic. But we must fight on and begin replacing our corrupt politicians.

    ReplyDelete